The objectives of this working group are to,
- Achieve public awareness on and recognition of CIMOSA.
- Achieve industrial acceptance of CIMOSA.
- Harmonise CIMOSA related standardisation activities (workshops on standardisation initiatives).
- Disseminate information (clarification requests, inputs to standards, workshops on evolution of CIMOSA specifications).
- Support evolution of specification consolidate feedback from exploitation work, recognise feedback from standardisation.
The activities involve,
- Dissemination of general information on CIMOSA and the CIMOSA support group;
- Encouragement of vendors to develop CIMOSA components through
- the identification of market potential;
- the organisation of workshops for selected audiences to demonstrate industrial applicability of CIMOSA and feasibility of low cost tools (Lean CIMOSA Product Concept);
- Harmonisation of CIMOSA inputs into standardisation and the participation in standards activities (on national, European, and international level); - Support of consolidation of CIMOSA specifications.
The impact on European enterprise competitiveness will be through significant improvements in operation effectiveness and efficiency. The latter will be achieved through CIMOSA based standards and by enterprise integration support which will enhance management of change, provide enterprise flexibility and thereby adaptability to all market moves.