The project has four main objectives:
1. To collect biological and economic data for 1991 for the North Sea fisheries.
2. To create a multi-fleet, multi-fish stock management model, which accounts for both biological and technical interactions. Estimated consequences of management measures should incorporate weight and value of landing by individual fleet and weight of stock biomass.The implementation of this model should be based on the STCF ABC model and the ICES multispecies prediction model. The program should be executable on a workstation.
3. To manage the existing STCF database and to manage the additional 1991 data.
- maintenance of existing database
- management of new data
- modification of the database interface model to use data for two or several years.
4. To extend the ABC model with economically important species for which analytical assessments are not possible.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
AB11 9DB Aberdeen
SW1P 3JR London