The objective is to improve disease control throughout the EU by developing better diagnostic techniques for equine infectious diseases.
Specific objectives are:
- Establish a Community Standard by novel application of recently described molecular technology (phage epitope libraries) to design and implement rapid pathogen-specific diagnostics for equine diseases.
- Use post-infection and post-vaccination horse sera to select phage bearing important peptide antigens for diagnostic tests (a novel approach).
- Develop phage library to detect and discriminate between vaccination and infection induced serum antibodies in horses.
- Apply diagnostic tests to discriminate between vaccination and infection with EHV-1 (abortigenic and parlytic type of equine herpesvirus) and EHV-4 (respiratory disease virus).
- Apply diagnostic tests to discriminate between vaccination and infection with equine influenza virus (ETV).
- Apply diagnostic tests to discriminate between vaccination and infecction withequine arteritis virus (EAV, causes respiratory disease, abortion, paralysis and establishes latent infections in stallions causing venereal spread of infection to breeding mares).
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts