The ENOVNET Network covers the RDT activities related to
techniques and technologies aimed at noise and Vibration
Control for all industrial and environmental sectors.
Noise (and Vibration) has been for a long time a major
parameter of the evaluation of the quality of the living
In the last 30 years, scientists and technicians have achieved significant progress in the understanding of the noise source mechanisms in the propagation of noise and finally in the
evaluation of the effects of noise exposure on public health. The actual applications of these scientific and technical
achievements have not yet reached their full potential for many reasons among which :
* the lack of coordination between the industrial partners,
* the discrepancies between the countries/organisations,
* the absence of overall review on match between research
and actual industrial needs.
This network will :
- improve the synergies between the participants, within and around the Consortia,
- facilitate technology transfer,
- speed up exploitation and diffusion of results,
- strengthen the generic character of these technologies.
EUROPEAN DIMENSION AND PARTNERSHIP
The general idea of establishing operational networking on the generic technical/industrial and social issues of Noise and
Vibration Control is essential :
* for the cohesion of the EC policy in social (health) and
* for the validation of the available expertise in
scientific and technological issues
* for the emergence of a more complete set of common:
- standardisation of products, testing and procedures
(suppliers - customers)
- certification of the major operators,
All Europeans share a table common type of living environment. Noise is playing a major role in this, whether for the
acceptability of individual products or overall systems (like transport). There are no borders in this domain. Kit is an area where a common approach will contribute to the enhancement of the European population and society cohesion
The ENOVNET encompasses Universities, Research Organisation, Industrial Manufacturers, Environmental Protection Agencies, ...
For the industry, availability of products, procedures and a complete regulatory environment will enable the development of high quality output (from housing to trains, aircraft, cars, machine-tools, electrical appliances, power generation, etc.). This is going to be a major competitiveness factor; it can be already seen today that high added value products hold a very favourable competitive edge over the rest of the market.
The main beneficiaries will be :
* the housing/construction sector where noise environment
and comfort will be greatly enhanced,
* the transport industries (rail, road, air, sea) with all
their equipment suppliers (mostly SMEs),
* the electrical goods industry (household equipment, hand
power tools ....)
* the materials industry (mainly acoustic materials and
composites) a with a large impact
One important aspect of the TN exploitation will also be the development of new types of training.
10043 Orbassano Torino
10043 Orbassano Torino
2628 CK Delft
3551 EM Utrecht
BS12 7QE Filton
3526 AB Utrecht
06903 Sophia Antipolis