ANIMATE is an accompanying measure for projects in the sectors of Transport and Environment.
The principal objective of ANIMATE is:
- to provide assistance, advice and expertise in all technical aspects of transport and environment telematics to support projects in the achievement of their objectives and quality assurance
- to facilitate sector-specific support actions by implementation of specific measures.
ANIMATE project support includes
- administrative and technical support to specific actions such as user forums, task forces and advisory groups
- quality assurance assistance to projects
- sector specific publications, promotion and dissemination material and preparation of all appropriate media
- provision of a specialised 'help desk' communications and enquiry centre
- channel for co-ordination between the work of the transport and environment sectors and of external bodies, through close cooperation with programme level activities: ETHOS (technology and market watch) and CONCORDE (concertation activities)
- specific activities in the topics of digital geographic road maps, standardisation in the field of air transport, and user groups for freight and fleet management.
It is expected that ANIMATE will help to produce better integrated, wider and more effective dissemination of the results of transport and environment projects, both as a result of specific consensus support and also as a result of the ANIMATE task specifically dedicated to publication, promotion and dissemination.
Major Validation Sites
As this is a support project, there are no validation sites. The project will nevertheless monitor results closely to identify the leaders and the advanced work, and promote the diffusion and exploitation of that element of the programme.
Immediate users are the members of the projects and participants in the programme. End-user groups will be organised by the selected experts.
ANIMATE will help monitor progress of work for all projects in the sector, and will provide assistance advice and expertise to support projects in the achievement of objectives.
- broader involvement of users beyond the R&TD community
- input to the requirements of European citizens into the telematics
- positive influence on both user interfaces and user benefits
- greater industrial demand for the projects' results.
Contribution to EU Policies
The project will result in wider and more effective dissemination of the results of transport and environment projects, both as a result of concertation support and also as a result of the ANIMATE task specifically dedicated to publication, promotion and dissemination.