Aim of the proposal is the development of an improved cost efficient energy supply concept based on an advanced battery for the 42V board net and a powerful double layer capacitor (DLC). The concept combines the high storage capacity of batteries with the high cycle capacity of the DLC, thus eliminating the basic problems of the current system and allowing the exploitation of the full energy saving potential of integrated starter generators (ISG).
A reliable energy storage system for the high power 42 V board net shall be developed covering following aspects:
- compact double layer super-capacitor module
- advanced valve regulated lead acid battery
- electronic device providing an electronic link between ISG/battery to ISG/DLC
- highly dynamic charge balancing system for the super-capacitor
- integration of advanced control/driving strategies.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
19200 Azuqueca De Henares