We propose to address the common needs of animation and virtual reality - Young researchers involved with network partners will obtain experience systems, by developing a comprehensive software platform consisting of of the international breadth of their field of research,
major facilities drawn from our various partners uniquely broad experience. - We will exchange both post-doctoral and more senior research workers, as The proposed software platform will have as its objectives: appropriate
* to provide to the animator facilities for automatic creation of animation
- For younger research workers the main goal of the placements will be training. We collectively offer a very broad range of topics. Placements * to provide facilities for controlling or guiding virtual moving objects by speaking in a microphone like a choreographer would do for conducting will be made with a view to evening out the skills base across the whole a ballet dancer
network. Some sites have identified graduate-level courses which could be included.
* to offer motion synthesis with: biomechanical models, physics- based modelling, state feedback control, optimisation, identification and - For more senior research workers the goals in placement are more varied. learning
- The network will enable the strengthening and formalisation of existing * to extract 3D objects cleanly from photographs and video sequences contacts between partners, to general benefit.
* to extract motion parameters from magnetic motion capture
- Some sites have close close contact with industry. Here work will * to help animators with the task of managing the large number of images include industry-driven sub-projects which will enable visitors to develop in real production environments
contacts with industries in other countries.
* to provide access to these facilities across broadband networks
Funding Schemeundefined - undefined
7071 Palma De Mallorca
G12 8RZ Glasgow