- Provision of concepts for a 193 nm lithography tool.
- Development of a 193 nm excimer laser.
- Selection of optical materials for use in and predevelopment of a 193 nm projection system.
- Definition of user requirements for a production exposure tool.
- Resists predevelopment and evaluation.
The project links leading European materials and equipment suppliers and research institutes in the area of advanced lithography, being the first phase of a combined European effort to provide 193 nm lithography tools and resists for the Gigabit DRAM technology generations, i.e. for 0.18 and 0.12 micron feature sizes. The two main workpackages will focus on production exposure tool design and predevelopment and on a litho cell for 193 nm process development. The ultimate goal is to make available a European optical exposure tool and resist processes compatible with 0.18/0.12 micron manufacturing requirements by the year 2000.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
5503 LA Veldhoven
OX7 2LH Long Hanborough