The overall objective of the PRISM proposal is:
- to demonstrate and evaluate the effectiveness and acceptance of integrated urban transport pricing schemes to achieve transport goals and raise revenue.
- To meet this objective the proposal centres on two demonstration sites building up new and comprehensive road pricing schemes, Bristol and Rome, supported by an additional site with existing charging infrastructure and long term experience, Trondheim.
All three sites have strong political commitment to the concept of road pricing as a tool to support sustainable transport policies, and provide ideal testbeds to research pricing policy.
The sites will work together in the PRISM project to demonstrate a range of integrated pricing regimes including:
- an electronic road pricing schemes based on a single central cordon in Bristol;
- a per-trip pricing scheme based on an existing access to control area in Rome;
- a zone based electronic road pricing scheme in Trondheim;
- tarif structures differentiated by:
.time of day,
.user and vehicle type
- integrated payment for road pricing, public transport and parking
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
EH10 5BR Edinburgh
EH3 8EB Edinburgh