HSPRO-EU will develop a remotely accessible telematics system to promote information on health and safety at the workplace in line with current legislation, particularly in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The project will aim at a universally accessible system matching user needs, with special concern for firms insufficiently active in this area. Implementation will last some two-and-a-half years. The operational effectiveness of validated sites for the system in four countries will be reviewed prior to its amendment and wider use by the end of that period.
The project will develop a remotely accessible telematics system which will provide a range of health and safety and workplace health promotion information. Its focus will be particularly directed at meeting the needs of SMEs with respect to current legislation.
The objectives are:
- to develop a health and safety information system based on representative user needs which is capable of being accessed by all enterprises;
- to stimulate increased occupational health and safety promotion activity among previously inactive or sub-active enterprises.
Anticipated results are:
- by month 12 to have a validation site using the system in each participating country;
- by month 17 to have achieved sufficient implementation in the test bed sites enabling a review of the usage of the system so as to establish its efficacy and efficiency;
- by month 27 to have developed an amended system;
- by month 30 to encourage widespread use of the system.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts