* To identify the domain of VP4 interacting with sialic acids.
* To characterize the mechanism of membrane destabilization and pore formation.
* To determine the viral protein(s) and/or domain(s) responsible for membrane destabilization.
* To study the role of chaperones in folding and oligomerization of ET-associated proteins (VP7, NSP4).
* To elucidate the role of various genes implicated in early events of rotavirus infection.
* Insight in the mechanisms that allow penetration into the cell of large nucleoprotein complexes.
* New strategies for prevention of gastro-intestinal diseases.
* Scientific information exchange between scientists involved in the project in five countries.
* Exchange and dissemination of valuable reagents among the participant laboratories. Exchanges of methodology by short stays of scientists in the lab of another contractant.
* Organization of contractants meetings to produce relevant questions and methodology to answer them.
* Common preparation of publication in high standards journals.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
105 21 Stockholm