BASELINE is an action to support the needs of information engineering projects as regards planning and executing so-called usability engineering and user validation activities. Support will include up-to-date information about cost-benefit-related aspects of suitable methods for these activities and an e-mail help desk. The action will pool project validation results into reference values to be exploited by the projects or other users for the design of new electronic information applications or comparison with their own results. The information collected will be disseminated in joint meetings, on the World Wide Web (http://www.ucc.ie/hfrg/baseline) and elsewhere.
Information Engineering projects will be provided with support for their user validation activities, including:
- up-to-date information about cost-benefit related aspects of suitable methods for user validation and usability engineering in the Information Engineering domain;
- an email help desk for questions concerning user validation and usability engineering in general;
- baseline usability data (synonymously used term is 'reference values') for electronic information applications;
- information about new approaches and methods relevant for usability engineering in the Information Engineering domain.
The project will collect:
- relevant information about the practicability and cost-benefit of currently applied usability engineering methods and procedures;
- validation results from Information Engineering projects.
The project will pool validation results from Information Engineering projects into reference values which can be used by Information Engineering projects and the wider Information Engineering audience either as baseline information for the design of new electronic information applications or to compare their own validation results with.
Finally, the project will disseminate the information collected in this support action in concertation meetings, annual BASELINE workshops, in quarterly electronic BASELINE newsletters, and on the World Wide Web.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts