The project aims to develop a methodology for provision of intelligent decision support throughout the product life cycle, from product installation, through its maintenance and diagnosis to its dismantling and recycling.
The main objectives of this project are:
- to develop a methodology for the creation of intelligent product manuals (IPMs) that integrate complementary product data and companies' expertise.
- to develop an information framework for structuring all product related data.
- to enable medium and small size enterprises in the CEE to gain access and adopt advanced tools and techniques for knowledge representation, acquisition, visualisation and retrieval. These new advanced information technologies will allow the SMEs to structure and systematise their companies' expertise and replace traditional product manuals with interactive systems for intelligent information provision and decision support.
- to develop IPM prototypes for two selected products (one from each industrial partner).
- to enable SMEs in the CEE to significantly improve the efficiency and quality of their customer support. As a consequence, their export capabilities and market positions will be strengthened.
The main innovation of the PROMANUAL project lies in the application of a large number of separate state-of-the-art techniques and tools and also in the integration and utilisation of complementary knowledge relating to companies' products and expertise.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts