Six of the main large European public R&D organizations decided to join their forces in order to promote the setting-up and development of innovative firms generated by their technologies:
- Improving competences of the partners the specific expertise of each partner dealing with new business creation will be transferred to other partners: technology assessment for industrial application, preparing business plans, financing, marketing studies, intellectual property rights, etc;
- Pooling supply and demand;
- Access to expertise of each partner for any high-potential spin-off project generated among the consortium members will be proposed to local support and to would-be entrepreneurs.
The expected results are:
- Establishment of a set of best practices validated on "case studies" and prepackaged for wider distribution;
- Establishment of pools of experts between the partner.s
- Effective support to a number of high-tech spin-off enterprises for early international expansion;
- Entrepreneurship training modules tailored to researchers;
- Wider dissemination of the results to other research organizations.