This project constitutes a framework in which 6 activities regarding concurrent systems applied to Medicine will be developed. Under this framework management and dissemination will be performed centralised to increase effectiveness. The 19 centres participating in this project will produce the following activities: DEAF, a system for distance hearing aids fitting. CREAM, a component based and real-time embeddable X-Ray image server. ISAC, a real-time processing system for assessing the intra-operative stability of orthopaedic implants. ADAM, a system for automatic data analysis for melanoma early detection. DISMEDI, a DICOM remote computer aided image diagnosis server for medical image processing. IONIC, a complete interworking system over networks of devices in intensitive care units.The cluster will give a corporative image of all the projects for the dissemination of results and will provide efficient management and monitorising.
As a cluster, the objectives are the following:
- To improve the efficiency on the management and review of the activities;
- To improve the dissemination of the results by:
- Providing with a European Dimension;
- Providing with the experience of the HPCN-TTN Network;
- Assessing the quality of the material (homogeneity, message, proof reading, target, layout);
- To increase the impact of the results of the activities.As individual projects, to deploy the five trials and one best-practice described in the workplan. The activities are focused on improving:
- Medical Diagnosis, with image processing remote servers, systems for early detection of special patologies and components for improving the connection of systems and the migration to digital radiology;
- Therapy, with aids for distance hearing fitting.- Surgery planning, focused on orthopaedics implants- Intensive Care, with a framework for the interconnection of all the devices in intensitive care.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The work in the cluster will be performed at three levels: Management. To perform the management of the activities, including report collection and production, reviews organisation, monitoring and financial management. Dissemination: To ease the dissemination of the activites, by:
- Providing standards and templates for the material;
- To assess the quality of the material;
- To help the activity members on the production of success stories for the activities;
- To create and maintain a WWW server for the activities. Technical work. Six activities will be deployed during this project. Each activity will be carried out by a consortium of several members (from 1 to 3). All the activities are focused to real-time solutions for medical healthcare. The objective of each activity is: DEAF, a system for distance hearing aids fitting. CREAM, a component based and real-time embeddable X-Ray image server. ISAC, a real-time processing system for assessing the intra-operative stability of orthopaedic implants. ADAM, a system for automatic data analysis for melanoma early detection. DISMEDI, a DICOM remote computer aided image diagnosis server for medical image processing. IONIC, a complete interworking system over networks of devices in intensitive care units.
Funding SchemeBUR - Bursaries, grants, fellowships
40033 Casalecchio Di Reno (Bologna)
41012 Carpi (Mo)
SW7 2AZ London
G4 0SF Glasgow
5000 Odense C
OX3 YLJ Oxford
20138 Milano (Mi)