1) To improve access to the Roman town of Verulamium, in particular by young people, tourists and educational organisations
2) To increase visitors to both Verulamium Museum and the Museum of St Albans
3) To increase visitor satisfaction levels with their visit to Verulamium museum and the site of the Roman town
4) To deliver a leading edge WAP solution that exploits and extends boundaries of the best available wireless technology
The project aims to increase access to the heritage of St Albans by guiding people around the roman remains in Verulamium park and by providing an exciting internet game that will appeal to younger people who don't like visiting museums or who can't get into the museum.
The game will use the new Flash 5 application to turn a board game principle into interactive and educational fun. It is based on the bloody events and the people of historic St Albans.
The guided tour uses cutting edge wireless technology, including GIS links, to feed a text and/or an audio tour (with graphics and video clips) into the new WAP phones allowing people to roam around the park experiencing far more of the roman town. Previous visitor surveys have demonstrated a visitor need for help in understanding the roman remains that lie outside Verulamium museum.
1) All participants agreed on what they are doing - Briefing documents
2) Tour and game written - Copy
3) Development of prototypes - Prototypes
4) Usability and Staff training - Feedback
5) Marketing plans - Promotion of project started
6) Dissemination plans - Exploitation of project started
7) Measurement - Evaluation of results available
One computer game, with 5 sectionsTour of Verulamium Park for WAP phones, with added features: events diary, location of local facilities.Tour of Verulamium Park for PDAs/hybrids
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeACM - Preparatory, accompanying and support measures
SG14 1PX Hertford
EC1R 3AU London