The main goal of BRIDGE-IT project is to develop innovative geo-server technologies enabling efficient geo-data content collection, management and dissemination, independently of proprietary GIS technology for geo-based applications and services. Technology achievements will be demonstrated with targeted users or customers through representative and real scale applications scenarios. BRIDGE-IT addresses also business and contractual issues impairing a true boost of geographic information applications. BRIDGE-IT consortium relies on complementary skills brought by European-level key 13 actors in Geographic Information and applications, including content providers, GIS editors, software industry and integrators, research teams and universities, market owners for private or public applications.
The goal of BRIDGE-IT project is to design and demonstrate innovative and generic technology aimed at developing use of geographic information in various applications fields. BRIDGE-IT concept has two folds:
1) Provide innovative solutions to key issues that impair development of geographic information use;
2) Demonstrate the benefits brought by these innovations on real applications.
BRIDGE-IT workplan includes following activities:
Activity 1 : Study innovative solutions for following key issues- Interactivity and user-friendliness of geographic interfaces on internet and personal digital assistants.- Link between geographic information and other information content.- Integration between static and dynamic information.- Licensing and billing issues, liability, business and pricing models;
Activity 2 : Implement proposed solutions as modular software components- Data / metadata access and content integration component.- Dynamic information component.- Internet access component.- Portable devices formatting component.- Time reference management component;
Activity 3 : Demonstrate benefits on four real applications in partnership with end-users- Local authorities and e-government application.- Transportation and public works application. - Real estate and location based services application.- Environment application.
- Innovative studies on data management side and user explication access and representation;
- Study results implemented as technological components;
- Project achievements will be validated through four application scenarios, defined according users requirements market applications : transports, real estate, local government, environment;
- BRIDGE-IT will study new economical models to be applied to geoinformation.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
94117 Arcueil Cedex
65150 Saint-laurent De Neste
5232 BX 'S-hertogenbosch