The goal of the project is to integrate existing free software tools to build a groupware system with built in workflow management and intelligent personal assistants for use in several distinct types of organisation within the public administration. The project will provide an important testing ground for the integration of free software solutions from three distinct areas: groupware, workflow management and agent technology. It will also enable public administrations to evaluate the use of flexible, free software solutions for their organisational needs, and provide the basis for ongoing pan-European cooperation in this area.
Technical objectives: to combine existing free software solutions to produce an integrated system to be tested in distinct types of organisation in the public administration. The technical objectives comprise:
1. Providing a Unified Intranet Solution Based on Free Software: with integrated workflow management and intelligent personal assistants;
2. Customising and Evaluating the Unified Intranet Solution.
The business objectives comprise:
1. Furthering the Free Software Service Industry;
2. Furthering Free Software in Public Administrations.
We will achieve our objectives in the following way:
- Providing a Unified Intranet Solution Based on Free Software:
- Groupware Functionality: we will use existing free software that has been developed for the Zope application server;
- Customisable Workflow Management Functionality: we will integrate the Zope-based Open flow system with the groupware functionality;
- Personal Assistant Functionality: we will port the Narval intelligent agent framework to the Zope application server and integrate it with the groupware and workflow functionality.
- Customising and Evaluating the Unified Intranet Solution: the software will be tested in four distinct public administrations;
- Furthering the Free Software Service Industry: we will publish the project source code and identify market sectors that could benefit from such open, flexible workflow systems;
- Furthering Free Software in Public Administration: we will disseminate the results of the usability tests and cooperate other initiatives for free software in the public sector.
1. User Requirements and Specifications;
2. Intermediate Version of the Software;
3. Final Version of the Software;
4. Usability Study: including extensive evaluations.
5. Dissemination Materials: for the exploitation of the results.
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeACM - Preparatory, accompanying and support measures
20037 Milano (Mi)
05022 Amelia (Tr)