THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE PROPOSED RESEARCH IS TO SEARCH FOR WAYS OF PRODUCING AMORPHOUS WIRES, BASED ON THE R-TM AND/OR R-TM-M ALLOYS, AND DEVELOP NEW USES FOR THESE SYSTEMS.
This project was a success. It conceived and developed several kinds of sensors that will work in extreme environments and are marketable worldwide. The sensors are based on FeSiB amorphous wire and fill the gap between the technological distances covered by silicon diaphragms and optic fibres.
THE SUCCESSFUL PREPARATION OF SUCH WIRES WILL ALLOW US TO:
- STUDY THE CRYSTALISATION PROCESS IN THE AMORPHOUS WIRES, WHICH DEFFERS FROM THAT OF AMORPHOUS RIBBONS AND THIN FILMS.
-SEARCH FOR MATERIALS WITH NEW MAGNETIC, MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL PROPERTIES, WHICH ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE AMORPHICITY AND SIZE OF THE WIRES.
- DEVELOP NEW, HIGH STRENGHT, CORROSION RESISTANT MATERIAL, WHICH CAN BE USED AS SENSORS IN SEVERE ENVIRONMENTS.
- THE WORK WILL BE EXECUTED IN THREE STEPS:
- OPTIMISATION OF A MODIFIED MELT SPINNING APPARATUS.
- THE PREPARATION OF AMORPHOUS WIRES OF WELL KNOWN GLASS FORMING COMPOUNDS.
- THE PREPARATION OF NEW BINARY AND TERNARY PHASES IN THE FORM OF WIRES (R-TM AND R-TM-M ALLOYS).
THE PREPARATION OF WIRES OF THE ALLOYS MENTIONED ABOVE WILL BE USED FOR NEW APPLICATIONS AND OPEN UP NEW AREAS. DUE MAINLY TO THE GOOD MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF THE AMORPHOUS WIRES, THEY CAN BE USED IN SECTORS OF INDUSTRY, WHERE BIG SAVINGS CAN BE REALIZED IN THE DEMAND FOR REINFORCING MATERIALS FOR RUBBER TYRES, FISHING RODS, CONCRETE, PLASTICS, ETC. IN ADDITION, THE GOOD MAGNETIC AND CORROSION PROPERTIES MAKES THESE DEVICES, BASED ON AMORPHOUS WIRES, EXCELLENT PROBES AS SENSORS IN HOSTILE ENVIRONMENTS (ACIDS, ETC.).
Fields of science
- agricultural sciencesagriculture, forestry, and fisheriesfisheries
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringcoating and films
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- natural scienceschemical sciencesinorganic chemistrymetalloids