- To develop in outline, an engineering platform to support Integrated Service Engineering (ISE).
- To clarify the differences between the telecommunications and information technology domains.
- To detail migration issues from today's environment to the new platform.
- To provide the means whereby industry can assimilate the results of advances in the area of platform development by introducing it within IBC products.
- To disseminate results to standards bodies and related IBC projects through various channels, e.g. concertation meetings, liaison agreements, workshops and conferences.
- To study related work being done in other domains, projects, products, working groups, standards bodies - and to incorporate all relevant results into the project.
A project has been set up to develop, in outline, an engineering platform to support integrated service engineering (ISE). A detailed study of European and world wide integrated service architecture work has been performed. At the same time, a detailed survey of the work of telecom operators and manufacturers in the area was studied. This combined information is being analysed. Based on this information, a definition of a platform for ISE is to be prepared.
The core approach of the project is to review the state of the art in telecommunications and distributed systems architectures and platforms such as IN, TMN, ANSA, OSA and RACE-related projects, and to determine the issues that would have impact on the development of the EURSAF engineering platform.
A detailed study of European and world-wide integrated service architecture work is being performed. At the same time, a detailed survey of the work of telecom operators and manufacturers in the area is being studied. This combined information is analysed and a report of the findings written. Based on this information, a definition of a platform for Integrated Services Engineering is to be prepared, and a migration path determined. Criteria for a future ISE working platform will be prepared for concertation consensus. A primary goal is the input to consensus, CFS and standards, contributions based on the above results.
The project has pointed out many key issues that should be taken into consideration when designing an ISE platform. However, the following have been especially emphasised. Scaleability, Reliability, Real-time, Migration.
This project will make contributions to Telecoms Operators and Manufacturers through a common approach to ISE and migration.
Fields of science
Topic(s)Data not available
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeData not available
See on map