Existing airport ground control systems must be improved to handle the growth in air traffic. Airport users increasingly need the support of Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control Systems (A-SMGCS) in order to enhance ground movement efficiently while maintaining safety levels. AIRPORT-G will address specific aspects of A-SMGCS covering planning and guidance functions and parking security surveillance, implement two simulation facilities for demonstration and define an A-SMGCS low cost architecture for a mid-size airport. The project is expected to result in increased airport capacity, lower aircraft fuel consumption, shorter taxiing and waiting times, and better punctuality in flights.
Existing ground control systems on airports must be improved to handle the growth in air traffic.
Users have an increasing need for surveillance, monitoring, planning and guidance which are the main functions performed by Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control Systems (A-SMGCS) with a view to enhancing ground movement efficiently and maintaining safety level.
AIRPORT-G project will address specific aspects of A-SMGCS when performing planning / guidance and Parking Security surveillance functions and implementing two simulation facilities for demonstration; an A-SMGCS low cost / mid-size airport architecture will be also defined.
This project will benefit from results of DEFAMM (DG VII) and MANTEA (TR1036).
DASSAULT ELECTRONIQUE, ALCATEL ISR, NLR, SOFREAVIA, NATIONAL AVIONICS, ALCATEL ANS, DFS and ADP have decided to join their experience and capabilities in the field of ATC/ATM, planning, sensors, data communication, data processing and HMI to provide the European Aviation Community with a project related to complementary aspects of A-SMGCS activities.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcontrol systems
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringaircraft
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuels
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencedata processing
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
See on map
See on map
See on map