SAFEE is a large integrated project designed to restore full confidence in the air transport industry. The overall vision for SAFEE is the construction of an advanced aircraft security system designed to operate during on-board terrorist threat scenarios. The main goal of this system is to insure a full secure flight from departure to arrival destination whatever the identified threats.
The project's baseline is the assumption that upstream identification control and airport specific security measures have all been completed. The project is focussed on the implementation of a wide spectrum of threat sensing systems, and the corresponding response actions against physical person(s) or electronic intruders. One of the key aspects of the project is an integrated information management system underpinned by a secure communication system.
For reaching these objectives SAFEE has 5 key activities named subprojects (SP):
* SP1: Onboard threat detection: a large spectrum of various threats detection system is proposed
* SP2: Threat Assessment and Response Management System: a urgency decision making tool
* SP3: Flight reconfiguration includes an Emergency Avoidance System and an automatic guidance system to control the aircraft for a safe return
* SP4: Data protection system securing all the data exchanges (in and out the aircraft)
* SP5: Innovation activities, dissemination, economics, exploitation, legal and regulatory issues about citizen's privacy and rights.
The proponents are major European industrial actors of the Aeronautical sector associated with a high level research centre, several relevant Smes and specialised universities.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSTREP - Specific Targeted Research Project