The X3-NOISE Coordination Action, through its network structure and comprehensive workplan involving experts groups, scientific workshops, stakeholders seminars and a common information system, will address the aircraft noise challenges set by the ACARE 20 20 Vision.
To this end, it will more specifically:
- Evaluate EC-funded projects results and assess their contribution to the state-of-the-art.
- Formulate, through development of common strategies and complementarity with national activities, priorities and key topics for future projects aimed at noise reduction at source as well as improved understanding of the impact of aircraft noise in the community.
- Identify potential reinforcement of future projects partnership through expertise mapping, to foster new collaborations and promote novel ideas.
- Ensure dissemination and exploitation of anticipated technology breakthroughs and scientific developments, including technical information aimed at Regulatory Bodies and Policymaking Agencies to inform on progress made in aircraft noise research.
- Contribute to an improved integration of the European Aircraft Noise Research Community through a network of National Focal Points, including the development of local networks in new EU member states to foster participation in future projects.
The project scope is fully consistent with the FP6 workprogramme on Aeronautics and Space, significantly contributing to the objectives of reducing aircraft external noise by 4-5 dB and by 10 dB per operation in the short and long-term respectively. Over 4 years, the project will involve 28 partners from 17 countries (FR,UK,ES,NL,BE,DE,SE,IT,PL,HE,HU, CZ,LT,IE,PT,RO,CH). A genuine transnational approach has been elaborated to deal with Aircraft Noise Research issues, combining the complementary skills and expertise of industry partners (14, including 6 SMEs), universities (8) and research establishments (6) to cover the whole field of interest.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call