Undocumented Worker Transitions final project conference, London, UK
The Undocumented Worker Transitions (UWT) project is organising its final conference on 4 February in London, UK.
Under the title 'The pathways and experiences of undocumented migrants', the research consortium will present the main findings of the project funded under the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
The project focused on the pathways and experiences of undocumented migrants in seven EU Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). To deepen understanding of undocumented migration in Europe, the project has examined:
- the reasons why migrants seek work in Europe without proper authorisation;
- working conditions and experiences;
- the various ways in which legally working and residing migrants can fall into irregularity;
- the ways in which undocumented or irregular migrant workers may gain legal status in relation to living and working in Europe;
- the continued demand for irregular migrant labour and its impact on labour markets.For further information, please visit: