Bridging the gender gap, in its mature phase, means moving through collaboration in scientific sectors towards innovation in business sectors. Shemakes.eu blends the approaches of two leading innovation ecosystems – Fabricademy (https://textile-academy.org/) and TCBL (https://tcbl.eu/) - within the textiles and clothing sector and acts to promote, highlight and celebrate the leading role of women in innovation, with the goal of permanently re-shaping the opportunity structures of at least 16 European Member States and Associated Countries.
To carry out this goal, shemakes.eu develops an integrated innovation ecosystem promoting gender parity along three strategic axes:
- Learning Paths, modelled on the Fabricademy curricula, engage girls and women innovators belonging to three age groups.
- Innovation Services, based on the TCBL Lab Service model, engage local communities and businesses in collaborative innovation activities as well as carrying out networked multi-Lab innovation projects and validating new business concepts.
- Reputation Management promotes different types of role models within the community of the girls and women leading the way in the sector’s transformation.
These activities are accompanied by four transversal WPs – Opportunity Ecosystem, Evaluation and Impact Assessment, Communication and Dissemination, and Project Management - that ensure their coherence in working towards the overall objectives.
Shemakes.eu is a two-year initiative with a consortium of 10 partners in 7 countries, led by the service company of the TCBL network; its activities expand from a first set of 6 core Labs to incorporate 12 ‘transfer’ Labs in a second phase of implementation. Sustainability is ensured by incorporation of the new learning and service modules into the two pre-existing Fabricademy and TCBL networks, with the diffused uptake of shemakes.eu results driving impact towards enhanced roles and improved opportunities for women in mainstream economic sectors.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/ecology/ecosystems
- /social sciences/economics and business
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
24191 San Andres Del Rabanedo