Novel tools help distribution system operators optimally manage multi-energy systems
Ensuring the world has a reliable supply of energy to heat its homes and buildings, power a new generation of electric vehicles and provide electricity to the grid is a complicated task. Multi-energy systems that interact with each other optimally for enhanced services and energy efficiency will play a key role in future emissions reductions. The EU-funded MNRG project is developing algorithms and technologies for these systems leading to digital, distributed and real-time monitoring of heat, mobility and electricity. The new solutions will support distribution system operators in finding the best network topologies as well as in forecasting loads and implementing real-time solutions to problems.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectrical engineeringpower engineeringelectric power distribution
- natural sciencesmathematicsapplied mathematicsdynamical systems
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligencemachine learningdeep learning
- natural sciencesmathematicsapplied mathematicsstatistics and probability
- natural sciencesmathematicsapplied mathematicsmathematical model