Progress in the life sciences and related technologies offer great potential for therapeutic benefits to patients in need. However, major adaptations to current paradigms of bringing medicines to patients are required in order to realize that potential and to address important challenges in the healthcare ecosystem.
Against this background, several initiatives are exploring new pathways to market, collectively referred to as Medicines Adaptive Pathways to Patients (MAPPs).
The ADAPT-SMART consortium is aligning a limited number of major stakeholders eager to progress towards MAPPs implementation. It will act as a neutral collaborative platform that will engage industry, SMEs, regulators, Health Technology Assessment bodies (HTAs), payers, governments, clinicians and patients.
The ADAPT-SMART consortium will contribute to align understanding of the impact of MAPPs, to share learnings between all stakeholders, and to allow the field to actively work towards MAPPs implementation.
The impact of the ADAPT-SMART CSA will be a result of the delivery of
• actionable advice/recommendations to IMI on how to best leverage results from past/current projects;
• concrete proposals for future (IMI) projects;
• actionable advice/recommendations and information to other actors in the healthcare environment;
• synthesis of learnings from pilot projects and case studies with relevance to MAPPs;
• communication of CSA outcomes by way of publications and conference presentations.
This CSA will increase the probability of successful implementation of MAPPs and accelerate access to crucial therapies, thus improving the position of both the patients in need of novel treatments and the research-based pharmaceutical industry.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIMI2-CSA - Coordination & support action
SL6 4XE Maidenhead
92200 Neuilly Sur Seine