The Integrated Project NEXT aims at commiting the European production machinery industry to new frontiers in diverse fields. The main objectives of the project are the following: 1. THE GREEN MACHINES: Environmentally friendly machines. The aim is to get machines that consider environmental aspects through their entire life-cycle: use of recycled materials for machine elements (#gt;50%), reduction of energy consumption (25% at least) at machine use, zero waste produced, dismantling and recycling of 100% ma chines 2. THE USER CENTRIC AUTONOMOUS MACHINE. The objective is to get machines that help the operator in all his/her tasks by a complete set of features (added applications, ergonomic aspects, improved maintenance aspects) heading users support and satis faction as well as automatically recognise machining tasks and process conditions. 3. THE MANUFACTURING FRONTIERS: Process oriented high performance production equipment. The aim is to get 5x improvement in machine productivity, as well as an order of mag nitude improvement in machine accuracy, compared to current available machines 4. NEW BUSINESS PARADIGM FOR MACHINERY: New paths to create value for the machinery business. The exploitation objectives of the project target the commercialisation of the dev elopments, by the industrial companies involved, by the generation of take-up companies and by the definition of new ways of doing business in the machinery sector (e.g. selling production hours instead of machines) 5. NEW CONTENTS FOR TRAINING AND DISSEM INATION AROUND PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT. The dissemination task will target both academic and professional training, by the generation of new contents arising from the research and establishing the means to reach the target audiences, focusing specially in mac hine using and building SMEs all over Europe. Gender issues will be given a specific treatment by specialists.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringmanufacturing engineeringsubtractive manufacturing
- social sciencespolitical sciencespolitical transitionsrevolutions
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness models
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicsproduction economicsproductivity
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- FP6-NMP - Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices: thematic priority 3 under the 'Focusing and integrating community research' of the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme 2002-2006.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call