The aim of this proposal is to obtain some financial support from 'Marie Curie' Human Resources and Mobility for the venue of an International Conference on Plant Mitochondrial Biology (ICPMB Strasbourg-2005) to be held near Strasbourg (France) in May 2005. This Conference will gather all leading international scientists involved in plant mitochondrial biology. The Conference will be organised in 10 specific symposia dealing with the following subjects:
- Mitochondrial Genomics and Proteomics;
- Nucleic acids in Plant Mitochondria;
- Nuclear Gene Expression;
- Mitochondrial Biogenesis;
- Mutations affecting mitochondrial Function;
- Mitochondrial Enzymes and their Regulation;
- Electron Transport;
- Oxidative Stress and Programmed Cell Death;
- Stress Physiology Respiration and Environment.
The organisation of this Conference will be implemented by one of the largest laboratory in the field.
The Conference will be held in a remote location, in the small town of OBERNAI near STRASBOURG (France). There, the participants will be provided with a full board and will have all possibilities to interact in a positive manner all over the 5 days of the meeting. Young doctoral and post-doctoral researchers will have large opportunities to create contacts with established scientists in the field thereby enhancing their intra-European and international collaborations.
These favoured contacts will be of utmost importance for their future career. By comparison with previous similar meetings, it is foreseen. The participation of 160-180 scientists of which about 65% will be European. About 40 eligible researchers from the member states and associated countries will be able to benefit from the help of this MARIE CURIE action.
Field of science
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/biochemistry/biomolecules/proteins/proteomics
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/biochemistry/biomolecules/nucleic acid
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call