The Institut Henri-Poincare is a Research Center devoted to mathematics and theoretical physics. Since 1994 it has hosted international thematic research programs, which are organized at the Emile Borel Centre. The training of young scientists is one of t he essential missions of the centre. The fact that the programmes are run on a quarterly basis makes it ideally suited for that purpose. During their three months stay the students attend a series of doctoral courses organized in a progressive and coherent way that are given by some of the world leading experts in their research area.
The list of coming programmes in physics clearly demonstrates our will to promote interdisciplinary research of top level. A-January 2006-April 2006: quantum information, computation and complexity. B-September 2006-December 2006: general relativity, astrophysics and cosmology. C-May 2007 - July 2007: quantum gases.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesastronomyphysical cosmology
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesastronomyobservational astronomygravitational waves
- natural sciencesphysical sciencescondensed matter physicsquantum gases
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesrelativistic mechanics
- natural sciencesphysical sciencestheoretical physics
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call