Secure, dependable and trusted Infrastructures The Consequence project will deliver a data-centric information protection framework based on data-sharing agreements.
An efficient, fast and seamless data exchange is vital for today’s society. At the same time such exchange should not create risks of violating confidentiality and privacy that may be associated with the data. To deliver a technology that would effectively fit both of these strategic needs is an important technological as well as economical and social challenge.
The Consequence project will deliver a Data-centric information protection framework based on data-sharing agreements.
In particular the project intends to:
- Define a generic, scalable, context-aware, secure and resilient architecture within a framework to enable dynamic management policies based on agreements that ensure end-to-end secure protection of data-centric information incorporating:
- Models, algorithms, and tools for specification/authoring, elaboration, analysis, and management of multiparty data sharing agreements;
- Models and implementation of Risk and context-aware policy refinement mechanisms;
- Secure mechanisms for enforcement of controlled data sharing.
- Engineer an interoperable software implementation of the architecture.
- Evaluate the technical and business benefits of the implementation and framework via two test beds.
- Widen the use of agreements and policy enforcement, and improve best practices in secure data and information sharing through a significant impact on the community.
The Consequence Framework will help to fill the gap between today’s business requirements in the area of controlled data sharing and currently available technology offerings. It will also exceed the functionality of today’s solutions that are usually focused on commercial content licensing rather than dynamic data sharing.
The project Consortium combines strong industry players and academic institutions which will deliver high quality research and development. The project outcome will be evaluated via two industrial test beds.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/data exchange
- /social sciences/economics and business
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/natural resource management
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/computer security/data protection
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP - Collaborative project (generic)
20063 Cernusco Sul Naviglio Mi