EU-Japan partnerships in the field of S&T are currently underdeveloped and possess great potential for contributing to world class R&D. This proposal's main objective is to explore this potential and enhance EU-Japan cooperation in research and innovation by effectively informing the S&T research community in Japan about the EU programmes and funding instruments, thus promoting participation of EU-Japan joint projects in the FP 7. To this end, we developed a work plan which focuses on launching a broad range of information services and awareness activities as highlighted below and detailed in the proposal.
• Development of information support mechanisms for the research community in Japan:
- Webpage in Japanese/English to facilitate the understanding of key information, funding instruments, information sources, existing EU-Japan collaboration in R&D, and other useful information concerning the FP7;
- Newsletters and Email Alerts with topical information useful for Japanese researchers;
- Inquiry Helpdesk on the FP7 for Japanese researchers.
• Organisation of awareness events and promotion activities:
- EU Policy and FP7 Information Seminars on the thematic areas supported by the FP7;
- EU-Japan Best Practices Sharing Workshops to identify key factors for research partnerships and to promote their use.
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and a network of research and public organisations in Japan will implement the proposed work plan by strategically using:
its expertise in information services for providing EU information to the Japanese audience;
its network in the public and private sectors; participation by key Japanese research institutions as information dissemination multipliers.
The expected impact will be a strong visibility of FP7 in Japan and improved awareness among the S&T community in Japan about the resources available and effective strategies to further EU-Japan scientific cooperation.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call