SOLAR-BUILD will contribute significantly to uptake of solar technologies to meet cooling, electricity & heat needs in buildings in Mediterranean communities, via new links & information exchange between relevant professional fields & via transfer & adaptation of experience from EU to non Mediterranean countries. Partners are leading networks of sustainable energy professionals & architects within the region, led by CRES who has long-term in-depth experience of research, development & application of solar technologies. Partners will engage with extensive market actors & stakeholders including: architects, building engineers, solar technology manufacturers / retailers etc, local authorities / municipalities, central government departments.
Specific work objectives are:
- To analyse local conditions, current status, future market opportunities & threats.
- To convene working groups comprising relevant professions to deliver analyses & reports on above issues.
- To hold two workshops (Morocco & Egypt) to present & discuss the market analyses results & identify follow-on actions with market actors & stakeholders.
- To collate conclusions & recommendations from above tasks into one e-guide for building-integrated solar technologies in Mediterranean.
- To disseminate findings including targeted emailing to partner's extensive networks & to make all information & results available via project web site.
This will result in increased awareness among actors, concerning the potential of applying Mediterranean-wide & locally adopted solar energy solutions in community buildings. Actors will be equipped with new knowledge & contacts to take forward with research, development & implementation actions. The project offers an important contribution to long-term socio-economic development by promoting locally appropriate, cost-effective, environmental solutions in public buildings.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy/solar energy
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action