Within this framework, the main objective of the project is to develop and prove new approaches for through-life asset management for selected technologies and application scenarios.
This will be done by considering all life cycle phases of the technologies concerned in view of their cost efficiency, environmental performance and safety. Special emphasis will be given to the identification, elaboration and demonstration of innovative joint services of the main actors in the life cycle, i.e. primarily new building yards, repair yards and ship operators.
In more detail, the following issues will be addressed by THROUGH LIFE:
• Efficient and environmentally friendly techniques and materials for ship production (new building), operation (maintenance, repair, conversion) and end-of life (dismantling and reuse);
• Condition monitoring and assessment combining information from all life cycle phases and stake holders using state-of-the-art information and communication technologies (no ICT technologies will be developed within the project);
• Strategies and tools for predictive, condition and risk based maintenance and repair, including decision support for repair, reuse, recycling or scrapping of materials, components or modules;
• Innovative design strategies and assessment tools for improved efficiency and environmental performance over the life cycle of ships;
• New business models for used products (ships, parts of ships, components), especially to extend the life span of these products instead of scrapping them;
• Concepts and ideas for innovative joint life cycle services involving new building and repair yards as well as ship owners and operators.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP-FP - Small or medium-scale focused research project
TW11 8LZ Teddington