The project Centre of Research Excellence for Advanced Cooperative Systems (ACROSS) aims at unlocking and strengthening the research potential of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing of the University of Zagreb (UNIZG-FER) in the area of cooperative systems related to robotics, networked embedded systems and renewable energy systems. Possible applications of such cooperative systems are numerous: advanced flexible manufacturing, renewable and sustainable energy generation, home and office automation, transport, logistics, environmental monitoring, healthcare, security and surveillance, human augmentation, etc.
The ultimate goal of ACROSS is to create a Centre of Research Excellence for Advanced Cooperative Systems within UNIZG-FER, which will be at the forefront of research and development of novel methodologies and advanced engineering approaches for cooperative systems with the following objectives:
• Strengthening the Research Management Potential;
• Increasing the Human Potential;
• Increasing the Technology Potential;
• Increasing Scientific Visibility and International Reputation;
• Developing the Strategic Partnerships with Outstanding Research Centres in EU and leading Croatian industrial partners;
• Improving responses to socio-economic needs of Croatia;
• Earning a certified recognition “EU Centre of Research Excellence”.
The ACROSS Project implements a coherent set of measures for execution of these objectives:
• Recruitment of experienced researchers and a project manager;
• Upgrading research equipment and establishing three new laboratories;
• Exchange of know-how and experience with leading EU centres;
• Organisation of workshops and conferences, dissemination and promotional activities;
• Ex-post evaluation of research potential by independent experts chosen by the EC.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call