The SINCERE project aims at contributing to the consolidation of the European Research Area in the field of education, training and Lifelong Learning by supporting international networking and cooperation between EU and extra-EU (Latin America and South East Asia) researchers and policy-makers with a focus on FP6 current and future relevant projects.
The concrete objectives of the project are to: Guarantee that information on European educational research is promoted, disseminated and transferred to a large number of research, policy and practice actors in Education in South East Asia and Latin America; Build a collaborative learning and working environment for stakeholders (policy makers, civil society, the research community at EU and international level); Build the analysis and forecasting capacity required to identify emerging needs, and make them visible to relevant stakeholders; Raise awareness of politicians in the EU, Latin America and South East Asia about research orientation and results and facilitate dialogue among policy makers, companies, civil society and the research community; Allow educational institutions to be kept informed of new developments in the European educational research; Establish a roadmap for future educational research in an international collaboration perspective.
In order to achieve these objectives the following actions will be carried-out:
1) Mapping of educational research- related projects in the EU (with special focus on FP6), in Latin America and in SE Asia;
2) Network and community building involving relevant stakeholders in the three identified geographical areas;
3) Identification of specific areas of desired cooperation leading to thematic clustering;
4) Organization of events to disseminate the results of EU research in education internationally and contribute to its take up, and to enhance dialogue and cooperation in the field;
5) Production of a roadmap for future educational research and international cooperation.
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action
05061-100 Sao Paulo