The continuous progress in micro and nano-system technologies has allowed the successful development of many innovative products in process control, environmental monitoring, healthcare, automotive and aerospace as well as information processing systems.
In the training course "Highlights in Microtechnology" (HIM) an overview will be given of modern micromachining applied to the realization of miniaturized systems. The events foresee a common core on the fundamentals of microtechnology, high-resolution microscopy, microsystems, microrobotics, UV-photolithography for microstructuration, micromolding and hot embossing.
We then present the general tools for microtechnology and their different hot fields of application as life sciences, satellite communication, MEMS for spatial applications and micro-optics and metrology. The structure of the course foresees 10 intensive days on relevant topics at the heart of microtechnology including lectures and hands-on experiences in clean-rooms and laboratory.
The topics o f the laboratory sessions are High resolution microscopy: AFM, ESEM, TEM, Image processing, Hands-on optical MEMS, Micro-optical components. Visits to high-tech companies are the agenda. Two keynote speakers will give a lecture during each course. A permanent e-forum will be established.
It will be open to all the participants, trainers and committee members in order to generate a durable networking related to scientific and technological questions in microtechnology. We propose a series of four events to b e held one a year in the region of Neuchâtel (CH) and Franche-Comté (F) at the heart of microtechnology.
We believe that there is an increasing need of education to be satisfied in the field of microtechnology. In particular, young scientists who seize the opportunity to follow the courses could boost their standings in the high tech European job market.
Fields of science
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransportnavigation systems
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringsatellite technology
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsignal processing
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencedata processing
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementemployment
- engineering and technologyother engineering and technologiesmicrotechnology
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call