EUROFLEETS2 is the enhancement of EUROFLEETS1, with the aim of developing a new pan-European distributed infrastructure with common strategic vision and coordinated access to Research Vessels (RVs) and marine equipment. EUROFLEETS2 will furthermore undertake specific actions to consolidate research fleets’ organization, methodology and tools through operational initiatives (like virtual fleets) leading to more interoperable and cost effective European research fleets.
EUROFLEETS2 main objectives are:
* Promotion of operational coordination and integration of RVs. Modern European RVs are made accessible under EUROFLEETS2 (8 of Ocean/Global class and 14 of Regional class) plus 6 mobile pieces of equipment. Further integration is proposed within an innovative multi-platform experiment. The corresponding call aims to identify a flagship proposal, with a proven scientific excellence;
* Completion of strategic perspectives for the European research fleets with a polar component;
* Promotion of exchanges of mobile equipment on board European RVs to foster interoperability;
* Enhancing the impact of research fleets on innovation by fostering the involvement of industry in specific activities, both as end user (e.g. development and testing of new equipment or deep-sea exploration for new resources) or as supplier;
* Development of new training actions including a pilot floating university, and of new technological innovations to be widely used on board European RVs;
* Making a new step towards a long term sustainable group of European Regional RVs with a view to applying for its insertion into the ESFRI roadmap.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP-CSA-Infra - Combination of CP and CSA
See on map