Urban areas are responsible for three quarters of the global energy demand. Most decisions on implementing energy innovations are made in cities. TRANSFORM supports cities to meet the 20-20-20 targets by the integration of energy in urban management. In interactive Smart Urban Labs, stakeholders will be able to turn ambitions into tangible Implementation Plans.
TRANSFORM’s integrative approach brings operational plans to the strategic level, including strong stakeholder processes, data analytics and takes into account all relevant energy flows, environmental aspects, urban mobility, and the interrelation of possible measures and their costs. This integration of elements creates win-win business models for stakeholders with initially different interests.
The TRANSFORM consortium consists of six frontrunner cities from across Europe in the fields of Smart City, Integrated Urban Planning and sustainable project development. Energy companies, both local and European, work with them, together with knowledge institutions and leading European commercial partners.
- Supports cities with implementation plans embedded in integrated planning
- Improves insight in stakeholder processes and financial strategies
- Improves insight in the use of data, and the possibility to find better economics by using analytics
The power of TRANSFORM is the combination of practice and scientific insights. The delivered Key Performance Indicators and models for integrated planning and data analysis set standards for the European Smart City project. All European cities will benefit from this approach in their change from business-as-usual to low carbon strategies.
City-to-city replication and implementation of the results are a crucial element of TRANSFORM. The project mobilizes stakeholders and politicians of European cities through the extensive networks of all TRANSFORM partners, for example by providing master classes and through a strong political Memorandum of Understanding.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/business model
- /social sciences/economics and business
- /engineering and technology/civil engineering/architecture engineering/smart city
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/data analysis
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-CA - Coordination (or networking) actions
1082 MA Amsterdam
W1T 4BQ London