"Liquid infusion process has been proved by recent researches to be suitable for the manufacturing of structural aeronautical components. The aim of this proposal is to develop a detailed analysis of the technical, economical and environmental impact of the extrapolation to industrial condition of the liquid infusion manufacturing technique. This analysis is deemed to be a necessary step in the successful scaling-up of the process for the fabrication of aeronautical components.
The activity planned to achieve the aim of the proposal is organised in several work packages oriented to:
- clarify the applicability of the process in the real industrial environment
- identify the requirements to implement the process and to start the production phase
- quantify the technical and economical impact of the new process
- prepare a risk assessment and a manufacturing plan
- define the optimum process procedures and an operative manual
The research team if formed by two universities and a private research center, all with a large experience in the field of composite and the analysis proposed will be carried out by using the state-of-the art techniques in the different areas, taking advantage of the synergistic competences of the partners in the key areas of the proposal (aeronautic composites manufacturing processes, realization of feasibility studies of industrial plants and processes, analysis of the environmental impact of industrial processes) and the data/information provided by the Topic Manager Company."
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/composites
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call