This project will develop a "Development capacity Index" (DCI) for biotech companies in the New Member States, highlighting the growth potential of healthcare biotech. Data collected will be comparable from country to country and be benchmarked against existing data from the EU-15. A set of policy recommendations will accompany the DCI which will illustrate where fruitful collaborations might arise, where the intervention of policy makers and private capital might most usefully be deployed.
Insights into country's relative strengths and weaknesses can provide policy responses to questions like:
- To what extend does targeted national government support help companies perform better?
- How much money can the average Slovenian company raise in years 0-7 compared to their UK, or Swedish counterparts?
- If a company moves products into phase I, is it attracting Venture Capitalists (VCs) into phase II?
- Who are the new Member States elite companies and do they compete with other European elites?
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/databases
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/software/software development
- /social sciences/political science/government systems
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call