The success of OMI in creating a competitive European microsystems industry will depend on a significant amount of information exchange between the constituent projects of the initiative and on raising the awareness of user companies.
OMI/DIS will support both these types of information flow by defining and implementing a strategy for the diffusion of the OMI technology into the market and by supporting the exchange of information between OMI project participants.
OMI/DIS will focus on:
- propagating OMI information throughout the European user and producer base via OMI conferences and the circulation of technical papers
- collecting and disseminating feedback from this audience to the OMI projects and partners via industry sector panels and related workshops
- providing training to potential users of OMI components (hardware, software, environment and applications)
- making OMI products available, from the development stage, to universities and training organisations
- the direct provision of training courses for each of a selected set of OMI technologies for special interest industrial groups (aerospace, automotive, telecommunications, etc)
- assisting individual OMI projects to produce a coordinated set of user manuals.
To assist internal information flow, activities will include publishing and maintaining an implementation handbook, provision of a technology liaison officer, organisation of workshops, and dissemination of technical papers.
Topic(s)Data not available
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeData not available
MK11 3LG Stony Stratford
5600 MB Eindhoven
CV21 2DW Rugby