UTOFIA will offer a compact and cost-effective underwater imaging system for turbid environments. Using range-gated imaging, the system will extend the imaging range by factor 2 to 3 over conventional imaging systems, while at the same time providing video-rate 3D information. This will fill the current gap between short-range, high-resolution conventional video and long-range low-resolution sonar systems.
UTOFIA offers a new modus operandi for the main targeted domains of application: marine life monitoring, harbour and ocean litter detection, fisheries and aquaculture stock assessment, and seabed mapping.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesoceanography
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesopticslaser physics
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensorsoptical sensors
- humanitiesartsmodern and contemporary artfilm
- agricultural sciencesagriculture, forestry, and fisheriesfisheries
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental scienceshydrologylimnology
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
27010 Cura Carpignano (Pv)
EH3 9WJ Edinburgh