"The Green Digital Charter is a EUROCITIES response, initiated by Clicks and Links Ltd and the City of Manchester, as part of a ‘Greenshift’ initiative. It has been realised through the work of the EUROCITIES Knowledge Society Forum (KSF) Working Group on ICT for Energy Efficiency, led by the City of Manchester. It was built on ICT-enabled sustainability initiatives like ""Smart 2020,"" with Global e-sustainability initiative and the Climate Group, and ""ICT4EE"" with the European Commission.
From September 2011 to May 2014, European Commission awarded the FP7-NiCE project grant to provide a platform for action based on the Green Digital Charter. Following the first five years of promoting and working with the Green Digital Charter as well as the conclusion of NiCE project, GuiDanCe will build on the outcomes of NiCE and address the identified challenges that need to be further tackled.
The aim of GuiDanCe project is “to provide GuiDanCe and support cities’ activities towards their Green Digital charter commitments so that they eventually take ownership of the Charter”.
The project will work for three main objectives:
1. Strengthen the engagement of GDC signatories to create a club of cities that work together towards their GDC commitments
2. Improve existing tools and services and their impact to GDC signatories
3. Promote GDC signatories’ activities in and outside the EU
The GuiDanCe project addresses the work programme topic “Support the coordination of cities' activities via the Green Digital Charter” and will be coordinated by EUROCITIES, a network of over 140 major European cities."
Field of science
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/public services
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/waste management/energy efficiency
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call