The ERIFORE will realize the European potential to consolidate its place as a world leader in biomass based research and innovations. ERIFORE builds on a new firm alliance aiming to establish open access distributed forest bioeconomy research infrastructure across Europe enabling scientific discoveries to be transferred to new business models, novel products and services enabling sustainable growth. The research infrastructure will focus on topics supporting Circular Forest Bioeconomy concepts starting from fundamental teaching and knowledge sharing to high level research laboratories and large scale piloting facilities.
This two-year action will be carried out by 11 European research organisations, 2 universities and a SME. The main objective of ERIFORE is to facilitate development the Circular Forest Bioeconomy field towards the following overall targets:
1) Coordinate, complement and update major European research infrastructure to enable the full potential of available forest biomass in balance with diverse use of forests.
2) A new level of co-operation between the major RTD providers.
3) Establish a globally competitive European research infrastructure.
The main deliverables of ERIFORE are the following:
1) To enhance the awareness, utilisation and open access of the complementary research facilities between the major European RTD providers in circular forest biorefinery.
2) To prepare a conceptual design and plan for cooperation arrangements between the main European RTD providers in this field.
3) To prepare Stakeholder analysis for the development needs in the infrastructure network at European level.
4) To upgrade bioeconomy competence base by providing contact interface for facilities for education and training. A plan for implementing is prepared.
The suggested future European research infrastructure will then facilitate the development towards enhanced utilisation of renewable raw materials and renewal of established European process industry.
Appel à propositions
Voir d’autres projets de cet appel