The present situation of nuclear energy in Europe asks for a continuing effort in the field of Education and Training aimed to assure a qualified workforce in the next decades.
In this scenario, the present proposal is aimed at enhancing and networking the Europe-wide efforts initiated in the past decades by different organisations belonging to academia, research centres and industry to maintain and develop Education and Training in the nuclear fields. This will allow consolidating, developing and better exploiting the achievements already reached in the past and to tackle the present challenges in preparing the European workforce in the nuclear fields.
The main objectives of the proposal are:
1. SURVEY AND COORDINATION OF NETWORKING IN E&T AND VET IN THE NUCLEAR AREAS
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COORDINATED E&T AND VET EFFORTS (Master and Summer Courses for continuous professional development)
3. GENERATIONAL TRANSFER OF EXPERTISE (Sustainable production of educational material)
4. CROSS BORDER TRANSFER OF EXPERTISE (Implementation of ECVET based exchanges among industrial bodies)
5. REINFORCING ETI ACTIONS FOR SHARING AND ENHANCING NUCLEAR SAFETY CULTURE COMPETENCE
6. FACILITATING THE NUCLEAR TRANSITION IN FUSION: COORDINATING THE E&T ACTIONS
The European Nuclear Education Network (ENEN), as coordinator of the proposed action, together with the other Participants, is committed to pursue the above objectives, being fully coherent with the ones suggested in the call (NFRP10) and proposed by the SET Plan Roadmap for Education and Training for the nuclear sector, tightening at the same time the links among the different nuclear areas and better coordinating their contributions in the E&T fields. Strict links with the SNE-TP; IGD-TP and MELODI platforms and other relevant associations and bodies (EHRO-N, NUGENIA, EUTERP, IAEA, HERCA, etc.) will be implemented to assure coherence of this effort with similar other efforts going on in Europe.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/nuclear energy
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
077125 Magurele Ilfov
CA13 0RJ Cockermouth