We propose a connected home solution that helps reduce energy costs while preserving comfort for occupants. Our
solution, enControl™-Intuo, leverages the Internet-of-Things and integrates self-learning and adjusting capabilities for
interacting with any climate system, from wall units to central heating and air conditioning to radiators.
As an added service to our enControl™ energy service platform for utilities, the innovation project integrates a proprietary algorithm to offer seamless energy efficiency to residential utility customers - saving energy and reducing their carbon footprint.
The innovation will enable new business models for European utilities: 1.-New energy services to reduce consumption and carbon footprint in homes; 2.-User engagement & customer satisfaction; 3.-Accelerate adaptation to new sources of energy.
The innovation is tailored not only to a home’s consumption patterns but also to its energy supply model. It optimizes energy
usage with energy availability and variable energy tariffs considering the own-energy generation when computing the optimal
policy. In addition, the algorithm learns user comfort preferences reducing user interaction with the system.
Our solution allows interoperability of devices from different vendors. We address this challenge with a holistic, scalable and
secure Cloud-based software that seamlessly integrates new home devices and equipment and enables users to make their
home smarter and more self-sufficient in the future. The solution allows for fast scalability to reach the large and lucrative
residential market. With a next-generation service and a recurring monthly revenue model that fits most household budgets,
we expect our solution to quickly gain traction in early adopter segments in Europe. These elements will allow us to
confidently approach venture capitalists and other outside investors who will provide the capital necessary to quickly expand
to other European and global markets.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/computer security/data protection
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/business model
- /engineering and technology/civil engineering/urban engineering/smart city
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/automation and control systems/home automation
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call