F-Interop will develop and provide remotely accessible tools to support and accelerate standardisation processes and products developments, by offsetting several cost and time barriers. It will research and develop a new FIRE experimental platform to support the development of new technologies and standards, from their genesis to the market for: online interoperability tests and validation tools, remote compliance and conformance tests, scalability tests, Quality of Service (QoS) tests, SDN/NFV interoperability tools, Online privacy test tools, energy efficiency tools.
F-Interop gathers standardisation partners together with 3 FIRE federations (Fed4FIRE, IoT Lab, OneLab) to build a common experimental platform as a service. Following an end-user driven methodology, it will directly address the needs of 3 emerging standards: oneM2M led by ETSI, 6TiSCH (IETF) chaired by our Inria partner, Web of Things WG (start Feb 2015) led by ERCIM-W3C, one of the project members.
The open call will extend the platform to other standardisation activities, as well as to additional tools extensions and SME products validations.
- Provide online interoperability tools enabling research and development teams to test their products development and implementations at any time, without having to wait until the next face-to-face interop meeting.
- Provide an online platform for standards compliance and labelling to be used by the IPv6 Forum Ready Logo Program and other similar labelling bodies, including ETSI, IETF and W3C.
- Enable SME to accelerate interoperability and the development of their products and services.
- Extend FIRE testbeds and bring them closer to the market.
To achieve this ambitious objective, F.-Interop gathers a formidable combination of leading industry experts form standardisation bodies, research centres, FIRE testbeds and SMEs from Europe and Japan. The F-Interop Ecosystem will enable sustainable impact, commercial uptake and synergies at EU level.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/internet/internet of things
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/internet/web development
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
06921 Sophia Cedex