The project aims to build an integrated environment for supporting maintenance activities by providing:
- Multiple views of applications support for planning.
- Tools that modify the application by operating on different representations.
- Systematic methods for converting applications (translation downsizing).
There are four main workpackages:
- Analysis of maintenance processes with emphasis on techniques for risk and effort evaluation and for program understanding.
- Development of individual services providing support for specific activities.
- Development of a common repository to support the services.
- Development of integration policies and mechanisms at control and user interface levels.
SW15 1AZ London