The aim of the EMMC-CSA is to establish current and forward looking complementary activities necessary to bring the field of materials modelling closer to the demands of manufacturers (both small and large enterprises) in Europe. The ultimate goal is that materials modelling and simulation will become an integral part of product life cycle management in European industry, thereby making a strong contribution to enhance innovation and competitiveness on a global level. Based on intensive efforts in the past two years within the European Materials Modelling Council (EMMC) which included numerous consultation and networking actions with representatives of all stakeholders including Modellers, Software Owners, Translators and Manufacturers in Europe, the EMMC identified and proposed a set of underpinning and enabling actions to increase the industrial exploitation of materials modelling in Europe
EMMC-CSA will pursue the following overarching objectives in order to establish and strengthen the underpinning foundations of materials modelling in Europe and bridge the gap between academic innovation and industrial application:
1. Enhance the interaction and collaboration between all stakeholders engaged in different types of materials modelling, including modellers, software owners, translators and manufacturers.
2. Facilitate integrated materials modelling in Europe building on strong and coherent foundations.
3. Coordinate and support actors and mechanisms that enable rapid transfer of materials modelling from academic innovation to the end users and potential beneficiaries in industry.
4. Achieve greater awareness and uptake of materials modelling in industry, in particular SMEs.
5. Elaborate Roadmaps that (i) identify major obstacles to widening the use of materials modelling in European industry and (ii) elaborate strategies to overcome them.
This EMMC-CSA stems directly out of the actions of the EMMC and will continue and build upon its existing activities.
Field of science
- /humanities/philosophy, ethics and religion/philosophy/metaphysics/ontology
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/databases
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/software/software development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
CB4 0WS Cambridge
1200 Copenhagen V